HORSFORD’S has had a long and successful history and can trace its beginnings back to 1875, when its predecessors, Geo Bennett & Co. of Antigua, opened a branch in St. Kitts.
Highlights from the present to the past:
|2003||Company website which facilitates internet on-line shopping of key building material and hardware items was launched.|
|2001||Horsford’s Building Center which merged the company’s building materials and hardware operations into one location was opened at the Company’s Commercial Complex at Wellington Road.|
Third Share Issue – 5,000,000 Ordinary Shares of $1.00 each per share.
The main purpose of the issue was to assist with the expansion and growth of the SLH Group.
The Company issued 8,382,810 Bonus Shares on the basis of one share for two Ordinary Shares held at the time of the issue.
|1994||Valu Mart IGA Supermarket located at Company’s Commercial Complex at Wellington Road was opened.|
Second Share Issue – 2,600,000 Ordinary Shares of $1.00 each per share. The main purpose of the offering was to assist SLH with the financing of the second phase of the Commercial Centre constructed at Wellington Road.
Nevis Center Located at Stoney Grove, Nevis was opened.
In September, First Share Issue – 5,500,000 Ordinary Shares of $1.00 each per share.
The main purpose of the offering was to enable the general public in St. Kitts-Nevis, employees and customers of the Company to participate in the progress and profitability of SLH. The issue was used to assist with the financing of the capital expansion programme of the Company.
In July, SLH became a public company incorporated in St. Kitts and Nevis under the Companies Act 1884 (No. 20 of 1884) of the Leeward Islands and registered as a company with limited liability under the provisions of the Companies Act (No. 22 of 1996).
|1951||SLH paid its first dividend to its shareholders.|
|1929||Shares of S. L. Horsford purchased by Mr. B. Marshall, who maintained the name|
|1912||SLH was registered under the Company’s Act of 1884 (No. 20 of 1884) of the Leeward Islands|
|1885||Mr. Samuel Horsford purchased Estates Agency Depot and started trading under the name S. L. Horsford (SLH)|
|1880||Traded under the name ‘Estates Agency Depot’ a partnership created between Geo Bennett and John Berkeley, a planter of St. Kitts.|
|1875||Geo Bennett & Co. of Antigua opened a branch in St. Kitts , forerunners to Horsford’s.|